NOAA predicts another active Atlantic hurricane season
- May 26, 2021
- 0 Comments
- Video By NOAA
NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is predicting a 60 percent chance that the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season will be above-normal. There is a 30 percent chance of a near-normal season and just a 10 percent chance of a below-normal season.
For 2021, a likely range of 13 to 20 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 5 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher) is expected. NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence. The Atlantic hurricane season extends from June 1 through November 30.
Video embedded by YouTube API Terms of Service