4th of July Parades!! Fireworks!! Music!! Food!! Activities!!
• The city of Melbourne will host a July Fourth parade at 10 a.m. Friday. Staging for the parade will be on Melbourne Avenue and Melbourne Court. It travels west on New Haven, north to Oak Street, ending at the Honor America Liberty Bell Museum. Lineup begins at 9 a.m. Call 321-727-1776.
• Lions Club of Sebastian and the city of Sebastian will host its 42nd annual July Fourth parade and Freedom Festival from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday. Parade begins at 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Sebastian Community Center, 1805 N. Central Ave., moving east on David Street and south to Riverside Park at 820 Riverside Drive. The Freedom Festival will feature food, entertainment, music and acitivies, followed by fireworks at dusk. Call 772-646-0558.
• The city of Rockledge and Rockledge Community Redevelopment Agency will host "A Midsummer's Night" featuring a night of music and a mini Food Truck Bazaar from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at McLarty Park, 790 Barton Blvd. Look for music by Eirinn Abu and Jill Carlyle, as well as Natalie McKnight Palmer and her students from the Better Than Broadway Studio. Some of the featured food trucks include Ice Cream Social Club, In Yer Belly, It's All Greek to Me, and more. Admission is free. Call 321-305-4975.
• Port Canaveral presents its Fireworks Before the Fireworks event from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Thursday at the Exploration Tower on Glen Cheek Drive. Features include music by Hypersona, bounce houses, face painting, fireworks after dark, beer tents, and food. Bring lawn chairs and blankets. General admission is free. VIP parking is $5. VIP tickets are available for $15 to view the fireworks at the Exploration Tower. Call 321-394-3408 or visit explorationtower.com.
• Palm Bay Independence Day Celebration will be from 2 to 10 p.m. Friday at Eastern Florida State College, 250 Community College Parkway, Palm Bay. The entertainment includes a live remote broadcast by KISS 95.1, music by Luna Pearl and GT Express, kids activities, a patriotic bike parade, and fireworks at night.
• Back at the EFSC fairgrounds is the popular Food Truck Wars, where foodies will taste and rank their favorites. Prizes awarded for people's choice Admission to the celebration is free. Food truck prices vary. Call 321-953-8912 or visitplaypalmbay.org. For more on Food Truck Wars, visit foodtruckwars.com.
• The city of Melbourne will host its fireworks display at 9 p.m. Friday at Front Street Park, 2210 Front St. There will be a free shuttle bus from the nearby Melbourne Auditorium. The buses depart from there at 7:10, 7:50 and 8:10 p.m. Return bus times are 7:30, 8:10, 9:30, and 10:10 p.m. No parking will be permitted on the Melbourne causeway. The rain date is Saturday. Call 321-608-7260.
• The Viera Co. presents its 20th annual Great American Celebration at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. It will include a ticket to a Brevard County Manatees baseball game at Space Coast Stadium, 5800 Stadium Parkway, Melbourne; a VIP seat for the Phil Vassar concert at nearby Calvary Chapel; a barbecue dinner; entertainment; and more. Also, there is a contest for the best picnic display. Bring blankets, lawn chairs and show off your red, white and blue for a chance to win some prizes. The cost for the concert and game is $30 per person.
In addition,the St. Baldrick's Foundation will host Pack the Park at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the stadium. The Brevard County Manatees game starts at 6:35 p.m. Fireworks will follow the game. The event includes a blood drive and some head-shaving from members of the Manatees baseball team. Proceeds for that go to childhood cancer research. Game tickets are $6-$10. Half of the proceeds from tickets purchased at the ball game will benefit the St. Baldrick's Foundation. For more information, call 321-255-4500 or visit greatamericancelebration.com. For more on St. Baldrick's, call 321-633-9200.
• Brevard County Parks and Recreation and the cities of Cocoa and Rockledge will host the fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. Friday at Lee Wenner Park, 300 Riveredge Blvd., Cocoa. Call 321-633-1874.
• The city of Cocoa Beach will host its annual fireworks show Saturday night after dark at Sidney Fischer Park, 2100 SR A1A, Cocoa Beach. Call 321-868-3258.
• The city of Cocoa will host its July Fourth celebration from 4 to 10 p.m. Friday at Riverfront Park, 401 River Edge Blvd., Cocoa Village. This includes the signature event from the Brevard Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Under the Stars, at 8 p.m. Fireworks start at 9:15 p.m. The event will be hosted by morning show personalities Michael W. Lowe and Mindy Levy — aka Mike and Mindy — from WLRQ (FM) Lite Rock 99.3. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase. Admission is free. Call 321-639-3500 or visit cocoafl.org.
• Happenings of Port St. John and Canaveral Groves presents its July Fourth festivities — Thunder on the Indian River — at 5 p.m. Saturday at the OUC Energy plant at U.S> 1 and Kings Highway in Cocoa. Features include food, drinks, games, shows and music with fireworks at about 9:15 p.m. Call 321-633-7499 or visit happenings.net.
• The city of Titusville will host its Red, White and BOOM! event at 7 p.m. Friday at Sand Point Park, 101 N. Washington Ave. Features include entertainment, music and fireworks at 9:15 p.m. Admission is free. Visit titusville.com.
• Melbourne Municipal Band and festival chorus presents a July Fourth concert "A Salute to America" at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 106 N. Riverside Drive, Indialantic. Admission is free. Call 321-724-0555 or visit mmband.net.
• Celebrate July Fourth at Siggy's, 1153 Malabar Road N.E., Palm Bay, at 9 p.m. Friday with the band Rock Candy and at 9:30 p.m. Saturday with the Maddhatters. Siggy's is close to the Palm Bay fireworks. Call 321-952-0104 or visit siggysamericanbar.com.
• Space Coast Harley-Davidson, 1440 Sportsman Lane N.E., Palm Bay, will host an Independence Day celebration from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday. Includes free beer while supplies, entertainment by DJ Froggy, vendors, and more. Admission is free. Call 321-259-1311 or visit spacecoastharley.com.
• Jesus is the Key will host its annual July Fourth celebration "Lifting Up God & Country" from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne. Features include a sing-along, dance, parade of state flags, jump castles, raffles, free food, and more. Admission is free. Call 321-773-1489.
• The popular Firecracker 5K starts at 7 a.m. Friday at Liberty Bell Memorial Museum, 1601 Hickory St., Melbourne. Also includes a free firecracker kids run with Zippy the Gecko. An honor parade will follow the race, which begins and ends on Hickory Street, south of Hibiscus Boulevard. The cost is $30 for adults; $15 for children; $25 for members on a team. Call 321-751-8890 or visit runningzone.com.
• Art & Antique Studio Fine Art Gallery will host an opening for its "America the Beautiful" exhibit from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at 1419 Highland Ave., Melbourne. Light refreshments will be served. The exhibit will run through July 31. Call 321-253-5553.
• Amici's Beachside Bistro will celebrate July Fourth with live music from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at 1940 SR A1A, Indian Harbour Beach. No cover. Call 321-241-4959 or visit amicis-suntree.com.
• Children ages 6 and older will make a July Fourth craft at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday. Includes launching a rocket, games, and snack at Cocoa Beach Public Library, 550 N. Brevard Ave. Call 321-868-1104.
• Healthy Planet of Brevard will host a demonstration on vegan picnic foods at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Cocoa Beach Public Library, 550 N. Brevard Ave. Call 321-868-1104.
• The city of Rockledge will host its 28th annual Independence Day picnic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at McLarty Park, 790 Barton Blvd. Includes children's activities, face painting, swimming, and entertainment by DJ Master Key. For food, it's $1 for a cheeseburger or hot dog and soda with a child. Admission is free. Call 321-690-3078.
• Lifetree Cafe will host "Saluting Those Who Serve" at 7 p.m. Friday at Grace House, 3530 Murrell Road, Rockledge. The short film "Memories of the Tuskegee Airmen" will be shown. Snacks will be provided. Admission is free. Call 321-636-3051, ext. 154, or visit lifetreecafe.com.
• The Cocoa Village fireworks boat tour aboard the Blue Dolphin departs at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Kelly Park-East, 2550 N. Banana River Drive, Merritt Island. Boarding starts at 7 p.m. The cost is $43 per person. Reservations required. Call 321-652-1052 or visit spacecoastrivertours.com.
• Island Boat Lines offers a sunset fireworks cruise from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday from Sunset Cafe, 500 W. Cocoa Beach Causeway, Cocoa Beach. Cost is $30 per person. Reservations required. Call 321-454-7414.
• The Cape Canaveral fireworks boat tour aboard the Blue Dolphin will depart at 8 p.m. Thursday from Kelly Park-East, 2550 N. Banana River Drive, Merritt Island. Boarding starts at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $40 per person and includes a drink and snack. Call 321-652-1052 or visit spacecoastrivertours.com.
• Veterans can get a free ride aboard the Victory Casino Cruises on July Fourth. The ship departs from Cruise Terminal B-2, 180 Christopher Columbus Drive, Port Canaveral. Tickets for everyone else are $10 per person or $30 with a meal included. Call 855-468-4286 or visit victorycasinocruises.com.
• Downtown Titusville Merchants will host Red, White & Brews block party from 6 to 9:30 p.m. July 11 in the Julia Street parking lot. Features include a beer garden, hay rides, food, pie-eating contest, hands-on art for kids, and more. Admission is free. Call 321-267-8563.
THOU CANNOT JUDGE THE WAVES UNTIL THOU HAS PADDLED OUT.